Camden National Corporation is a $3.9 billion diversified
bank holding company, headquartered in Camden, Maine, that employs more than
650 employees at Camden National Bank and Camden National Wealth Management. We have a well-established
reputation for financial stability, growth and community impact and are proud
to be the largest publicly traded bank holding company headquartered in Northern New England
- About Camden National Bank. Camden National Bank is a full-service
community bank that has been serving customers since 1875 and offers state-of-the art online and mobile banking
resources through a network of 61 banking centers and 84 ATMs throughout
Maine, as well as lending offices in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- About Camden National Wealth Management. Camden National Wealth Management provides comprehensive
wealth management, investment management and trust services to individual
and institutional clients. From its offices in Portland, Bangor, and
Ellsworth, Camden National Wealth Management serves clients throughout Maine and New England.
Our strategic objective is to strengthen our company through profitable
growth that aligns with our commitment to banking and other financial services
delivered through our community-based model. This is our key differentiator
– we offer the same advanced products and services as our largest competitors,
while staying true to our roots as a local genuine Maine bank.
We have the ability to adopt new technologies as well as products
and services, and leverage those resources to meet customer, regulatory
and operational demands. We have undergone significant growth since our
inception through strong organic growth and successful acquisitions, along
with several key strategic investments. Today, our presence extends from
Central, Downeast and the company's home territory of Midcoast Maine through
Southern Maine and select markets in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Some
of our recent key milestones include:
- - On December 1, 2016 Camden National Bank combined its subsidiary Acadia Trust N.A. with Camden National Bank and launched a new brand "Camden National Wealth Management". The combination has leveraged the technology, capital and resources of both companies to better serve our valuable clients. Additionally, our very capable and highly talented team of experts can now offer clients access to a comprehensive range of deposit and loan products, which has significantly enhanced our wealth management clients’ experience
- - On October 16, 2015, we acquired SBM Financial, the parent company of The Bank of Maine. The acquisition advanced our strategic goal to increase market share by expanding our presence in Central Maine and entering new markets in the more economically vibrant southern tier of the state. This resulted in the addition of 24 branches and approximately $687 million in deposits, and made Camden National the third largest bank in deposit market share in the State of Maine.
- - On October 29, 2012, we acquired 14 branches from Bank of America. This resulted in approximately $300 million in deposits and made Camden National the fourth largest bank in deposit market share in the State of Maine.
- - On January 3, 2008, we acquired Union Bankshares Company, a bank holding company with one principal subsidiary, Union Trust Company, a Maine-chartered stock savings bank with its principal office in Ellsworth, Maine.
- - On July 19, 2001, we acquired Acadia Trust, N.A. and Gouws Capital Management, Inc. as our principal wealth and investment management subsidiaries. It subsequently purchased the outstanding minority interest of Trust Company of Maine (TCOM) on October 24, 2001. Gouws Capital Management and TCOM were subsequently merged into Acadia Trust, N.A., and the resulting organization now provides a broad array of wealth, investment management, and retirement services.
- - On February 4, 2000, we merged our United Bank and Kingfield Savings Bank subsidiaries and created UnitedKingfield Bank (UKB), headquartered in Bangor, Maine.
- - On December 20, 1999, we acquired KSB Bancorp, Inc., a publicly held, bank holding company with one principal subsidiary, Kingfield Savings Bank, a Maine-chartered stock savings bank with its principal office in Kingfield, Maine.
- - On October 7, 1997, we listed our common shares on the American Stock Exchange using the ticker symbol CAC.
- - In December 1995, we merged with UnitedCorp, a bank holding company headquartered in Bangor, Maine, and, as a result, acquired 100% of the outstanding stock of United Bank, with its principal office in Bangor, Maine, and 51% of the outstanding stock of Trust Company of Maine (TCOM).
- - In January 1984, the shareholders of Camden National Bank (CNB) exchanged their shares of the Bank for shares of the Company.
- - Camden National Bank is a member bank of the Federal Reserve System and is subject to supervision, regulation and examination by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (the OCC). The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (the FDIC) insures its deposits up to the maximum amount permitted by law.